Saturday, December 14, 2013

December...

Well, as always it's been a while since I last blogged. I've been super busy with work and just trying to keep up with the every day life with the girls. They were taking cheer and ballet for a while along with Chloe's Daisy Troop so that took a lot of my time when I have them during the week along with school homework and reviewing with what Chloe has learned. Callie on the other hand, just can't catch a break - she ended up catching pneumonia again. She's back to recovery...crossing fingers. I just can't wait for my mom to come so that I can get an extra hand and have her help me get her back to being 100%. I just hate that she's getting sick so much.

Chloe is doing so great in school. An "A" and "O" student - she experienced her first of one of many to come of how girls can be....She's been talking about this girl Abby in her class. I guess she's her bff. One day, Abby apparently told Chloe that she doesn't want to be her bff anymore but they can still remain friends of course...I guess Abby wanted to be bff with someone else. This broke Chloe's heart. She's been acting up lately and have been asking to change school the last few days but her reasons were always because she wanted didn't want to wear uniforms anymore or she was tired of having to do book reports and recite poems...which to me isn't a good enough reason to change school. I had to tell her that, no matter what school she'll be attending, she will at some point will be doing book reports and reciting poems. The great thing about her doing it now is that she's practicing early. As for wearing uniforms, I told her that I am for uniforms because I would rather have her focus on school rather than what she's going to be wearing to school the next day. The last thing she needs to worry about is what other kids will be wearing tomorrow. It hard enough being a kid...adding clothes to that, adds more stress on her daily life so I sadly told her that she will be staying with Athlos. Not only I love the fact it's a uniformed school but the fact that she's learning so much and the teachers she has had and have been great...the friends she's known is what makes the school great. When she finally buckled down and told me what has been going on with her, my heart sunk for her. I clearly remember having to go through that myself when I was in 5th grade. (Having to come to America and experienced that myself at 5th grade, I didn't understand it myself so I never understood how can girls can be...I guess I don't remember having to experience it in the Philippines...maybe so because I was trying to survive in a different way). I just told her that I was very sorry and I cuddled with her and let her cry it out for a little bit. I also told her that this is the time she can focused on being a good friend to everyone and to always remember how it feels when someone isn't being nice because there's always someone out there that could use a friend. Of course she, being six years old, she tells me that she just want a bff...a bff that takes care of her as much as she takes care of that person...because everyone has a bff!

Callie has been working hard on memorizing her "Angel Lines" - she's going to be an angel along with a few other girls in her classroom. She decided to share with me her lines right when she was going to bed...I decided to record her so this is the second time she's recited them but she still sounds so cute. The first time was the funniest but you'll still get the gesture....


The night of her performance, she did awesome!!! It ran long for her and I could tell she was getting tired despite the fact that she told us she took a nap earlier that day in her school. All the kids did amazing.  But we were, especially, so proud of our lil' Buggy!!


After the show, there was a Santa...Callie was very excited to want to meet him. She even made a point to tell me that he wasn't the real Santa. So we changed out of her costume and back into her pretty dress to meet with her sister and Santa...just when it was their turn, she got a bit scared. It took a bit of coaxing to get her to get near him. Chloe wasn't scared and sat right on his lap and was ready for her photo opt...meanwhile all we could Callie to do was to stand by Santa...along with Steve. So she had her Dad's leg to hold on to while she posed a smile with Santa.