.jpg)
Chloe's Point of View:
February has been a really busy month for us, Derouin’s. Since Mommie has been feeling much better, we’ve been trying to be active with our Mommy Group, which is really great for me because I get to play with & see my friends. And Mommie has been busy with baby shower for her Mommie friends too because our group is having lots of babies so Mommie said that we shower them with love to welcome the new friend! I also got to meet up w/ my Maricopa friends for a Valentine playdate. I haven’t seen them for a long time so it was nice that we were able to reunite again. We also did some traveling to San Diego. In the midst of that, I was still recovering from my acute pneumonia. I was stuck at home for quite a long time. All we did was take some gross medicine and I mean GROOOSSSS! Mommie had to be sneaky to get me to take it because otherwise, I would end up puking everything back up...and Mommie said that she was tired of cleaning up my puke! My answer to that was to stop giving me gross medicine but unfortunately that wasn’t going to stop her. Instead, she had to come up w/ a different ways for me to take it. That Mommie is very tricky - I couldn't even taste it in my milk. I know she must have had to put a small amount at a time because I was no fool...that GROSS medicine has a distinct taste! If she puts the actual dose I’m supposed to take at 2 times a day, I would be able to taste it in my milk. A small amount in my milk throughout the whole day since I still have to drink my milk 4 times a day! And yes, I still drink from my bottle! Shocker? I know! But my Gaga (psychologist grandmother) said to stop worrying about it. She said it was okay since I don’t use it as a pacifier nor drink my milk in bed. I drink it like I do w/ either my juice (which I am often not allowed to have...only for special occasions) & water that is in my sippy cups...I drink it fast & when I am done, I just give it back to either Mommie or Daddie. I know it’s a little frustrating for Mommie because she knows that I can drink from any form of sippy cups and have no problem drinking from it. She really would love for me to stop drinking from a bottle especially since baby #2 is coming this July...she keeps telling me & her friends that she really would prefer for us to not share a bottle! As for Daddie, he still feels the same way & isn’t too worried at all...he keeps telling Mommie that when I am good & ready, I will let them know. Gaga gave her the same advise & finally said, "never mind what other people say infront or behind your back...do what you think is best! You and your kid(s) will be the only one that knows what is & isn’t good for them! If they give you stink eye for it, then never mind them. You don’t need those type of people in your life!" I hear Mommie telling herself this over & over time! I think she's trying to convince herself...wonder if it's working?
We left for San Diego on the 8th of February. It was about 4 ½ hour drive so it wasn’t bad at all. Both Mommie & Daddie said that I’m a good traveler. I only watched a movie once & pretty much either listened to music or went to sleep. By the time we got to S.D. it was raining on and off. I heard Mommie telling Daddie that we shouldn’t go to Legoland since we got there around 2:00 PM. We were going to meet up w/ The Dyer’s who was already there. But all I wanted to do was to get out of the car & stretch my legs so they decided to go to a park & let me run around. We stopped at a nice family park near our hotel & I got to run around for a very long time. Mommie keeps telling Daddie that she wished we could live in San Diego someday...she really enjoys being near the ocean. Mommie even met a new friend at the park and that new friend was even trying to convince Daddie to move to San Diego too! After the park, we went to our hotel (Four Seasons) and checked ourselves in and got ourselves settled before dinner time. The hotel was so nice because they made me a plate that had my name on it & lots of treats for me to eat...well, I got a bite of the chocolate chip cookie and a couple of the M&M’s... the rest, Mommie and Daddie ate! You would have thought it was for them, the way they got excited about it...so excited that Mommie forgot to take a picture of it! I also got a mini robe along w/ a pair of slippers to use while I was staying there. Of course, they were both too big for me but Mommie used the robe each time after my bath. I think it's always fun being at a new place...especially when they are big enough for me to run back & forth. For dinner we met up with The Reagan’s (Daddie's friend) -we ate at Pat & Oscar’s for dinner (Mommie likes to eat there because she can eat salad & garlic bread)! The next day, Daddie had to work for a couple of hours before we went to Sea World. It started out a little sunny when we got to Sea World and by the time we got out of the Shark Exhibition, it was pouring hard...and I mean real hard! It would rain hard and then it would stop so we continued to explore Sea World! It was cold but it was still fun to see all the fishes, the dolphins and Elmo! Mommie really wanted to stay for the Puppy Show and had wished that it was a much nicer day. We ended up leaving Sea World earlier than planned because it was getting unbearable. The third day, Daddie had to do some more work in the morning while Mommie & I took our time getting ready. She was debating wether we should check out the San Diego Zoo or not. It was a really beautiful & sunny day. Mommie was really tempted to convince Daddie to go but she got a call from Ms. Conni (our lovely neighbor friend) informing us that Magic had escaped from our house! Apparently he dug himself out of the gate & was exploring the neighborhood...he didn’t go very far. Ms. Conni said that he kept going back & forth in our street! Poor Magic, I think he was looking for us! So both Mommie & Daddie decided to get home quickly! And boy, he was very excited to see us...and he was really good boy for the most part...didn’t get into much stuff and he didn’t seem to tear up any of my toys so that made Mommie real happy!
February 13th:
We met up w/ Ms. Raquel & my good friend, Ayex (Alex) @ the zoo! We had a splendid day! Mr. Joe (Alex's daddie) even made us a yummy lunch & packed it for us...Mommie was very happy since she didn't have to buy food at the zoo store for us. Thanks Mr. Joe for thinking of us...Mommie loves how together the Fioresi's are because she doesn't have to think about lunch. They seem to always hook us up when we go to the zoo together! I love going to the zoo & love spending it with good friends!
On Valentine’s Day, Daddie started coaching basketball with his friend, Mr. Mark. So he had practice in the morning while Mommie & I hanged out together. Mommie said that he’ll be coaching 2-3 or maybe 4 times a week so it’s going to be a busy few months for Daddie. He’s very excited about doing it. I guess, he’s been really wanting to try it out so this was his opportunity to do it. In the evening, we went over to The Irias. They had invited a few friends over & had a little get together! It was a nice & relaxing weekend for us.
On the 19th, I am going to find out if I am going to have a baby brother or sister...Mommie & Daddie are very excited about it! They have been pointing at Mommie’s belly & telling me that there’s a baby in there...I don’t really understand what they are talking about. Most of the time when Daddie lifts up Mommie’s shirt to show me, I would lift up my shirt & point at it too! They both just end up laughing and of course, I laugh too! We are so silly!
February 19th:
We went to the ultrasound today and ...
yes, that's right, I am having a baby sister!!! Mommie said that this baby sister of mine was very active in Mommie's tummy when the lady tech was checking the baby out! I guess, she was more active than I was when I was in my Mommie's tummy. The lady tech said that this baby sister of mine will not have any problem catching up to me... not sure what that means but we'll see when she gets here!