Well, it's the beginning of October & we got exciting stuff going on already. Chloe has officially learned the song Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Below is a video of her singing while sitting in the toilet. I was able to capture it towards the end...she loves to make up her own songs...at the beginning, you can hear her say "Ele is falling down...be careful Ele..." then goes into the actual song of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. She is still being potty trained...she's been keeping her Pull Ups dry during the evenings now. She's been at it for almost 2 weeks. Naptime has been consistent too - she jumped on board on that one really quick. From time to time, I still keep her in the Pull Ups during naptime. It's really during the nights when it's a must. I want her to be able to do it consistently for a month before she could start wearing undies. Actually I could start letting her wear her undies during naptime now since she's really been awesome about holding it or she wakes herself up to go. So she's basically close to the end. Our issue really is still the pooping part. We still can't get her to poop in the toilet. For some odd reason, it's just too hard or uncomfortable for her to do. She knows to say that she should poop in the toilet. She'll say, "You go poopy in the toilet, Chloe. We don't want any accident" (in her cute lil' voice). But when it comes down to it, she just can't get herself to go. I guess, one day she will eventually be ready to finally poop in the toilet!
Callie is now 3 months old and 4 days old. She's been grasping her toys the last few weeks & trying to control her movement so she can put the toys in her mouth. She's still trying to find that thumb of hers...she's so close! She'll find it by accident & tries to suck on it...she doesn't have the control of it just yet. One day she will be using it as her pacifier instead of using her whole hand! I'm not a big fan of thumb sucking but I can't get her to use binkies of any kind! Her Ped. Doctor said that there's nothing I can do about it...I can try to restrain her from sucking her own thumb but it will be hard to since she will be using it to soothe herself in the late evening that I won't be awake for...or shouldn't be awake for. She's been sleeping throughout the evenings. She's been doing that since I couldn't breastfeed her anymore and that was when she was a month old. I couldn't produce much milk for her. So I guess all I can say, it is what it is! She managed to turn herself over from her tummy to her back today. I got very excited about it & had her do it a lot but towards the end, I realized that I need to video tape it so I made her do it again & she was not too happy that she had to do it again since she was getting exhausted! Below is the video tape of her turning over. I must add that Chloe was able to turn from her back to her tummy at 4 months & 6 days old...so it's cute how they accomplished turning over in 2 different ways!