Thursday, March 18, 2010

We got our FREE 1 Day Disney Pass!





Super excited that we (me & Steve) got our ONE DAY DISNEY PASS for anytime this year! We both had to make a blanket to get our pass - it's actually a really cute thing to do...and very easy too! I'm thinking of making them for the girls. I might just make a few of them & give them out to a shelter or something during the winter. I've always wanted to get back on doing some volunteer work. In high school, the cheerleaders would go to this nursing home right by our school and every month, we would visit them & make birthday cards for people that had their birthday for that month. Not only we visited with them, we would help serve dinner and of course do a couple of cheers/dance for them. I've truly enjoyed having to experience that for the 3 years that I went to boarding school. And in college, I've done a couple of volunteer work during Thanksgiving. And I, also, had to do a couple of semesters of volunteer work for Boys and Girls Club for school in order to get my credits for my classes, which I truly enjoyed too. I just like the feeling that I gave some of my time to somebody.

So now, Steve and I just need to figure out when we can use our FREE DAY PASS. We'll most likely go in the Fall since April, May and July will be a busy month for us. And I'm not interested going in the summer time since it'll be super pack. I'd like for the girls (mainly Chloe) to enjoy the experience when it's less crowded. I think she'll get a kick out of it since she is starting to recognize some of the Disney Characters. I think we might go in September since Steve will have to go back to Newport for another meeting...but we'll see. I'm just super excited about it!!!

Steve is in Vegas right now for both work & play, of course. Since it is March Madness (yes, what a coincidence), he'll be enjoying some time watching the tournament in the sin city while having to meet with a couple clients for work. No worries, it'll be a busy weekend for me & the girls. We have a couple birthday gatherings so hopefully the days that Daddy will be gone will go by very quickly. He said that he was gonna come back Saturday but since we've been together (that's going 7 years), I've yet to see him come home on a Saturday coming from Vegas! But there's always a 1st time for everything! :)

Side Note:
Yes, Chloe is OFFICIALLY FULLY POTTY TRAINED SINCE FEBRUARY 20th! She even has pooped at a friend's house. At first, she was a bit hesitant since it wasn't her home but once I assured her that she would be fine, she was able to get it out. It's been a relief to see her not struggle as much anymore ever since she's been drinking PediaSure w/ Fiber. I'm so glad that she will actually drink it - our little girl isn't really big on changes so it was a fight to get her to try it but eventually Mommy won!

Callie is still doing the "commando crawl" and very fast at it, I might add! She's able to sit herself back up in a sitting position from being on her tummy. Her clothes gets filthy very quickly since she basically drags herself all over the place and can't bare to sit still. I am trying to not freak out as much with her being dirty. I am letting her explore all the areas surround her (of course I have to make sure she's not getting into things that could harm her). I let her play with her food like all babies should be...I'm not a clean freak but I'm not really a big fan of dirty kids, which is why you will notice Chloe not into getting her hands dirty. I am having to re-assure Chloe that it's okay to get her hands dirty especially when she's painting or doing arts & crafts. A friend of mine got her son checked for Food Sensory Disorder, which concerned me about Chloe too because of her eating issues. And her son is close to what Chloe is like - she's not an extremist but she does have her corky ways. At the end of the testing, my girlfriend was informed that he doesn't have the disorder BUT should be allowed to experiment. So when she told me that, I've decided that I need to make sure that I don't constantly clean the girls when they are eating or doing arts & crafts and just let them be - I guess, it's part of the learning curve & I shouldn't be a hinder. So Callie is enjoying being dirty while Chloe is taking a little liking to the idea...she still has me wipe some stuff off from her hands if paint or "sticky stuff" (is what she calls them) gets on her hands.