Chloe @ 3 years old
weight: 26.7
height: 36 1/2
-----------------
Callie @ 9 months
weight: 18.11
height: 27 1/2
They each got a shot so this visit wasn't too bad! Last time was awful for Callie because she had to endure 4 shots so she was not a happy camper. Chloe of course, cried the most. She got her sucker so that appeased her a little bit. She was looking forward to getting some good stickers but unfortunately they didn't have any girly stickers...they were Handy Manny, Sponge Bob, Cars and other stuff that she was not interested in! So she was a bit disappointed about that! Callie cried for a few seconds until she saw her milk then she was a happy camper!
Then Wednesday (April 21st), Callie started to puke. I didn't think too much about it since she was still in her happy self. By Thursday, she started getting diarrhea. So I put her on pedialyte right away and she seemed to be okay. So Friday, she started puking again along with some diarrhea so I figured she was getting the stomach bug. She was kind enough to shower me with her puke on Friday night. And of course, the next day, both Chloe and I caught the bug. Chloe could not hold anything down at all. Sunday was a better day for her, or so we thought. She was super hungry and wanted to eat a sandwich, which was a first for her. We usually have to battle it out with her when it comes to eating but since she didn't eat anything on Saturday, she was starving my mid Sunday & was actually asking for something to eat. Steve gave her some sandwich (toast w/ Peanut Butter) and she was able to hold it for a little while and of course, started vomiting again when she was drinking her liquids. She was back to just Pedialyte/Gatorade but she couldn't that down either. So I would give her a teaspoon at a time and barely can hold that down. So we took both girls to the doctor today because we could tell Chloe was loosing weight & she was getting dehydrated (Monday April 26th). She was weighed and of course lost almost 2 pounds, which she cannot afford. She's dehydrated but the doctor prescribed some med to help with her nausea and hopefully she can get some liquids in and get hydrated. If she is still puking and cannot hold anything down then we would have to take her to the hospital to get an IV on her. The med seems to help a whole lot. She hasn't puked since we got home...thank God. My morning was a little crazy...Steve caught the bug after being SUPER Dad on Saturday. I could not function on Saturday. I was too sick to help out. I tried for the morning portion but in the afternoon, I was too sick to help out. So Monday was my turn to run around like a maniac! I literally felt like I was in this cloud of craziness...
midnight, Steve starts puking. Can't sleep because he's tossing and turning. At 6:30 Chloe wakes up because she just puked all over herself and on the bed. @ 7:00 AM Change the sheets, do laundry, mop all of our floors (including bathroom), cleaned all our toilets. 7:50 AM, Steve gets ready for work because apparently he cannot miss work today...lots of important meetings that cannot be missed. 8:00 AM Called the doctor. 8:30 Took Callie for her nap since she was super grouchy. Didn't wet her diaper at all during night time...a little worried. Got my coffee...Chloe puked again for the second time. Cleaned her up and told her to use the bowl to puke on the next she has the urge. 9:15 AM, the nurse called and asked if we could come at 11:30. Gave Chloe more pedialyte...she keeps puking them back. Got ready for the doctor. Arrived at the doctors @ 11:40. Chloe weighed at 25.03 lbs (she lost 1.7 lbs) Callie weighed at 18.1 lbs (only lost 10 oz). Main concern was Chloe. Got prescription for Chloe. On the way home, Chloe puking and telling me that she's feeling all much better now and would really want a hamburger! I told her she cannot have any since she's still puking. Callie crying because apparently she was done with her milk and was still hungry. Took the girls to Fry's (grocery/pharmacy store) to get Chloe's med and some Chicken soup. Chloe puked on the isle of the store...trying to go quickly and just grab the soup. Next thing I see is Callie trying to grab Chloe's puke bucket from her and Chloe hitting her and telling her no...and of course Callie protesting. Had to tell Big sister to not ever hit baby sister like that. Check out and got into the car. Chloe did another round of puke (Thank God she was nice enough to not do it in the car). And Callie screaming on our short ride home. Clicked our garage opener and was never so happy to really say "HOME SWEET HOME"! 1:00 PM Got the girls fed and hydrated. Chloe puked again, of course. But wanted to play with baby sister. Forgets that Callie is still a baby and played a bit rough with her. All I see from the corner of my eye is Callie hitting the corner of their Train Table and bounce into the floor screaming. Put Chloe on time out and had a talk. 2:00 PM, put girls for their nap and I took a nice nap too!!! We all woke up around 4:44 and the craziness stopped. Daddy was home & trying to mend with the girls. while I went to pick some more liquids for all 3 of them.
Chloe on her way to the doctor...got her Elly (check), her water with Pedialyte (check), her puke bowl (check), her sunglasses (check)...thinks she's still styling, PRICELESS! :)
Callie's collision to their Train Table...Chloe thought she would "wrestle" her baby sister! My girls getting all wild meanwhile they still got their stomach bug...stomach got nothing on these girls, apparently! lol