Monday, May 23, 2011

School for Chloe

Well, we've decided on a school for Chloe. We visited the last school & Chloe thoroughly enjoyed herself. She participated on a couple of projects that the class were doing during our visit. The shy girl who typically takes a while to come around, actually participated while her Daddy was even in the room! The school seems perfect for her - very intimate & lots of artistic stuff that Chloe loves to do! She'll be going everyday so that will be a big change for all of us, I think more for me than anything else. I want her to enjoy being young while getting her education. Having to find that balance is a little hard - never thought it would be so stressful! I really wanted to place Chloe to the 1st school I checked out. Acadamically, I felt like it would be great for her; but it would take me 30 minutes or so to get to school. It just doesn't seem all that worth it to me, especially it being only a pre-K school. I thought both schools were great but at the end of the day, I had to pick what was more accomodating for me because if you know me, who is always running late, I would end up being more stressful trying to get both kids out of the door so that Chloe won't be late for school! The school we picked is only a mile away from us. This way, I'm not really intruding Callie's sleep too much who is our late sleeper. Just like her Mama, she loves to sleep and boy, if she doesn't get them, she's one grouchy kid! Unbearable to deal with so I prefer to let her sleep in rather than distraught her & disturb her "sleeping schedule" and basically deal w/ one whiny & grouchy kid! One of my best friend Jodie said to me that I'll have the hardest time getting her to school on time when she starts going to school! And do I know that!!!! I remember clearly being so young that I had the hardest time getting up too. My mom got me this annoying alarm clock so that I would wake up in time to get ready & be off to school. She would set it away from my bed so that I would have to get up & shut that annoying noise off! It was a black & white cat that had a horn so when the alarm goes off, it really sounds like a horn that goes off like this..."toot to rot tot tot - toot to rot tot tot! RISE & SHINE!!!" and it goes off so loud that you have no choice but to turn it off cuz' it'll keep saying that damn noise over and over and over again. Mind you there's no volume on this alarm too so I couldn't even cheat & have it on low volume! I think that was probably the most annyong gadget my Mom has ever gotten but man, did that thing waked me up every single day! So I'll have to find an alarm just like that for my poor Buggy when she starts school someday!!!