Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pneumonia & Colds

Last week has been hectic! Chloe got super sick on Tuesday - we started noticing that she was coughing the day before so I was getting myself ready for a cold. But then she started having high fever and it just kept going up! By Thursday, it went to 102.7 so we saw the doctor on Friday & we were informed that she has pneumonia on her lower right lung! Callie was getting a cold too and they checked her out but was in better condition than Chloe. The doctor did inform me that I need to keep an eye on both girls to make sure they are not getting worst. So Chloe is on antibiotics and Callie isn't. We've given Callie Motrin for her fever and fever has been gone. I can see the antibiotics has kicked in since Chloe is back to her goofy self. All excited about playing catch and kick ball w/ her Daddy. Callie's cold seems to not get any better - she seems to be coughing more, wheezing when breathing and her snots green. We went to see the doctor again today just to make sure it's nothing too serious. Her doctor said that she most likely caught RSV last week, which is where Chloe got the pneumonia but Callie was able to fight it more due to her immune system being stronger (because our baby sister loves to EAT & DRINK MILK and big sister doesn't). The doctor has asked if I wanted to have the girls tested for RSV today but I said no since she assured me that both girls are at the end of their sickness and it really won't help me with anything. So I'll have to keep an eye on Callie to make sure she is getting better & not worst. I know RSV is going around right now so I need to make sure my girls are in great health. I am working on trying to get Chloe to gain some weight - we've put her on PediaSure. She hates drinking it even though I mix it w/ her milk. She's not really into changing things up so I have to force her to drink it. She seems to not mind it as much anymore. Although she doesn't initiate having to drink milk anymore. Typically she would ask me if she could have Milk every few hours. Now, I have to ask her if she wants Milk and first answer is always "NO" but I would tell her that she has to drink Milk. Then she'll reluctantly say "okay" and drinks it.

Callie finally got her 6 Months Well Check...yay, me! I did it all the same time last week when they were sick - figured might as well do it since I am gonna be here! She is 26 1/2 inches in height. She weights 17.2 lbs! Chloe was weighed in too and she's barely 25 lbs. To be exact she's 25.2 lbs. Callie got weighed again today since we saw the doctor about her cold and she is now 17.7 lbs! I cannot believe Callie is practically sharing shorts w/ Chloe. Chloe cannot fit into the Gymboree 12-18 Months - they are too big for her! They keep falling off her. She seriously can wear the size 6-12 Months! The top, she has to wear 2T because she's long but everything else, she's so darn tiny! She & Callie will be sharing clothes in 2 months and surpass her older sister by the end of the summer! Callie is very close to crawling...we can see the progress she's making. She's doing the reverse crawl now but when she gets super excited, she ends up waving both her arms and legs up and down - so funny to watch because she just starts giggling! Both girls loves to get their Daddy's attention...in no time Callie will be joining Chloe with all the fun she is having with her Daddy! We'll see how Chloe will handle having to share her Daddy with baby sister...it'll be interesting.

Steve seem to have caught the cold now - he's trying to fight it but of course can't get him to take any cold medication besides Tylenol. Such a stubborn mule! I just hope he doesn't get worst! I am still healthy...knock on wood! I'm exhausted but managing to keep the sickness away - here's hoping to staying healthy!

As for our house, we haven't heard from the bank. The last time Steve talked to them was last week and they've told him that they still don't have an answer but should get a letter shortly and be on the look out for it! I've been getting the mail and still haven't gotten anything from them - not sure what is going on. I just see it as a blessing right now because it means I can keep Chloe in school until the school year ends, which will be in May. The con side to that, I won't know where we'll be living come September so can't register Chloe for school for the Fall. Thank God it's only Pre-school and not actual School...ie Kindergarten!

Maricopa hit the news yesterday regarding Child abduction. Apparently there's been siting of man driving a blue van trying to lure kids to come w/ a lollipop in hand. Pretty scary since there's been siting in more than 1 schools. One of my girlfriend had informed me today that she saw a blue van a few days ago near the school of our house (we live near an elementary school too)! It scares me to death to hear something like this but to have it in our own backyard, freaks me out more!